Local Community Development Committee
- The Government approved a report “ Putting People First” an action programme for Effective Local Government in October 2012
- This set out a range of reforms aimed at improving the delivery of services for the citizen, achieving greater efficiency and enhancing the role of local government in community development.
- Local Government Reform Act 2014 was enacted on 27 January 2014 which gives legislative effect to “Putting People First”
- Most of the Act commenced from June 1st, 2014 including the establishment of the LCDC.
Visit http://www.environ.ie/community/alignment/alignment-local-government-local-development for further information.
Local Authority Restructuring
- Local Government Reform Act 2014
- Dissolution of CountyDevelopment Boards
- Abolition of Navan, Kells & TrimTown Councils
- 6 New Municipal Districts established – Navan, Kells, Trim, Ratoath, Ashbourne, Laytown-Bettystown
- Establishment of Local Community Development Committees (LCDC)
- Establishment of Local Enterprise Offices (LEO)
Electoral Area Boundaries
Municipal Districts Map 2013 pdf, 994kb