Class Novels doc, 17kb
The Schools Service of Meath County Library is divided into two groups, the Primary Schools Service and Post Primary Schools Service.
Primary Schools Service:
This Service Offers Books and Other Materials to all Primary Schools in the County.
School Staff may come in to County Library Headquarters, Navan to select their annual allocation or if preferred Library Staff will select for them. Suggestions for stock purchases are welcome. The stock will be delivered.
Short term loans are also available. The following collections may be borrowed for up to one term (waiting lists may apply):
- Environmental Collection
- Multicultural Collection
- Reading Scheme (Red Rockets)
- Teaching Aids and other Resources
- Programme on Conflict Management
- Class Novels (see downloadable list above for current titles). There are up to 30 copies of each title, suitable for a variety of ages from 1st to 6th class. Schools may only have one title at a time. The loan period is 8 weeks. Check in advance for availability.
Other services include the supply for library stationery, book covers, date labels etc.,
Schools are charged for such supplies.
Advice if required is always available on the setting up and running of school libraries.
For any further information please contact Dympna Herward at 046-9021134 firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Primary Schools Service:
This scheme is run by Meath County Council Library Service and targets all post primary and second level schools in Meath County. The main objective is to aid in the development of post primary schools libraries throughout the county.
- The library service places the orders for all items.
- The schools benefit from the library discount of 10% – 15%.
- Items are delivered to the school.
- Items are ready for the school shelves with a school label and classification numbers if required.
- Recommended lists on general post primary texts can be requested from a professional Librarian.
- Training can be given to students involved in their libraries on the roles of school & professional librarians, involving practical aspects of administrating, maintaining and marketing the library service or on research methods. This is an ideal opportunity for students interested in future library work.
- The school has the opportunity to request advice or suggestions from a professional librarian on layout, design and development of their School library Service.
- A free reference book is given to all schools involved in the scheme.
If you require further information of this service, contact Mary Murphy at Ashbourne Library
Tel. 01 8358185 or via email on email@example.com