Change of Engine
The registered owner of a vehicle will need to present themselves in person at the motor taxation public counter to make an application to record a change of engine in relation to their vehicle.
The following documentation is required:
- Completed Declaration Form RF111 – Change of Particulars – available at www.motortax.ie .
- Section 5 of Form RF111 must be completed and stamped by a Main Dealer.
- The same Main Dealer must submit a letter on their headed paper confirming:
- Registration number of vehicle;
- that they have fitted the replacement engine OR that they have inspected the replacement engine;
- the replacement Engine Number;
- the cubic capacity of the replacement engine;
- the type of fuel of the replacement engine;
- signature of a representative of the Main Dealer and the signatory’s position held within the Main Dealership.
- The Vehicle Registration Certificate (V.R.C.) must be surrendered (a new V.R.C. will issue upon successful processing of an application)
- Original Insurance Certificate
- Photo I.D. e.g. Driving Licence or Passport
Please note applications will not be accepted through the post or third parties.