County Council Branding

Planning Permission Applications in Agriculture

Generally, smaller developments of an agricultural or forestry nature are exempt, however, larger developments do require planning permission. Also, any development for which an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is required needs planning permission.

The Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government issues a leaflet on "Agricultural and Farm Development" (see below), which is a simple guide for farmers outlining the main features of the planning system they are likely to encounter. It is intended as a practical guide, and is not a definitive legal interpretation of planning law.

For further information please can contact our Planning Staff

Agricultural and Farm Development (Leaflet PL6) pdf, 164kb

 Website Managed by Meath County Council, County Hall, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland
 tel: +353 (046) 9097000, fax: +353 (046) 9097001, email:
 Council Emergency Telephone Contact Outside Office Hours: 1890 445 335

 Suíomh gréasáin reachtálaithe ag Comhairle Chontae na Mí, Halla an Chontae, An Uaimh, Contae na Mí, Eire
 teileafón: +353 (046) 9097000, facs: +353 (046) 9097001, ríomhphost:
 Comhairle teagmhála teileafóin éigeandála taobh amuigh d'uaire oifige: 1890 445 335

 Privacy Statement | Disclaimer | Copyright | Contact Us | Powered by TERMINALFOUR