Road Notices & Information
Temporary Road Closure - Ironman Triathlon - Sunday 9th August 2015
Date Released: 08 July 2015
MEATH COUNTY COUNCIL
Temporary Closure of Roads
Roads Act 1993
(Roads Regulations 1994)
Temporary Closure of Roads in Connection with the Ironman Triathlon on Sunday 9th August 2015
Notice is hereby given that Meath County Council intends to close the following roads listed below to through traffic on Sunday 9th August 2015 (specific times for each road listed below). These intended temporary road closures are necessary to facilitate the holding of an Ironman Triathlon.
- R-149 from the County Meath/Dublin Boundary to its junction with the L-2222
(Townlands of Hilltown & Clonee) 7.30am – 11.30am
- L-2222 from its junction with the R-149 to its junction with the L-2221
(Townlands of Hilltown & Clonee) 7.30am – 11.30am
- L-2221 from its junction with the L-2222 to its junction with the L-2228
(Townlands of Clonee, Ellickstown, Rush, Castlefarm & Dunboyne) 7.30am – 11.30am
- L-2228 from its junction with the L-2221 to its junction with the R-157/R-156 at Newtown Roundabout
(Townlands of Dunboyne & Castlefarm) 7.30am – 11.30am
- R-156 from its junction with the R-157/L-2228 at Newtown Roundabout to its junction with the R-125 at Mullagh cross
(Townlands of Dunboyne, Collierstown North, Cushinstown, Sarney, Baytownpark, Vesingtown, Harlockstown, Waynestown, Staffordstown Little, Blackhall Big, Lynaghstown, Cullendragh, Barstown, Warrenstown, Jenkinstown & Mullagh) 8.00am – 12.30pm
- R-125 from its junction with the R156 at Mullagh Cross to the County Meath/Kildare Boundary at Meath Bridge
(Townlands of Mullagh, Phepotstown, Martinstown, Kemmins Mill, Calgath, Dolanstown & Balfeaghan) 8.00am – 12.30pm
- L-2212 from the Meath/Kildare Boundary to its junction with the L-6219
(Townland of Moyglare) 8.30am – 1.00pm
- L-6219 from its junction with the L-2212 to its junction with the L-22143
(Townlands of Moyglare & Moygaddy) 8.30am – 1.30pm
- L-22143 from its junction with the L-6219 to its junction with the R157
(Townland of Moygaddy) 8.30am – 1.30pm
- R-157 from its junction with the L-22143 to the County Meath/Kildare Boundary at Offaly Bridge 8.30am – 1.30pm
(Townlands of Moygaddy & Owenstown)
Alternative Routes for R156 - Summerhill to Dunboyne & Dunboyne to Summerhill
Summerhill to Dunboyne
- Travelling East on R156 from Summerhill towards Dunboyne: turn left on R125 at Mullagh Cross. Continue to junction with R154, turn right onto R154 and continue straight via Batterstown to junction with R147 and follow signage to Dunboyne.
Dunboyne to Summerhill
- Travelling West from Dunboyne Village on L2228 towards Summerhill: take 3rd exit at Summerhill Road Roundabout onto R157. Continue straight through Roundabouts at Railway Station and Pace Interchange Roundabout. Take first exit at Pace Roundabout onto R147. Continue to Fairyhouse Roundabout taking first exit onto R154. Go through Batterstown, straight through Merrywell Roundabout and take first left onto R125 signposted Kilcock. Continue South to Mullagh Cross Roads. Turn right onto R156 for Summerhill.
Alternative Routes for R125 - Mullagh Cross to Kilcock & Kilcock to Mullagh Cross
Mullagh Cross to Kilcock
- Travelling west from Mullagh Cross, continue on the R156 to Roundabout at Summerhill, take the first exit off roundabout onto R158 signposted Kilcock, continue south on R158 to Kilcock.
Kilcock to Mullagh Cross
- Travelling north from Kilcock, take the R158 signposted Summerhill, continue on the R158 to Roundabout at Summerhill, take the second exit onto R156 signposted Dunboyne, continue east on R156 to Mullagh Cross
Dunboyne to Maynooth
Travel east towards Clonee and take the R147 towards Dunshaughlin, turning onto the R154, L2210 and R158 for Kilcock. The M4 then provides access to Maynooth, with non-motorway traffic travelling via Laragh to the Newtown Road.
Maynooth to Dunboyne
Travel south on the R406 to M4. Traffic will have the option of travelling east on the M4 to the M50, north on M50 to the N3, heading towards Dunboyne and exiting at Junction 4 travelling through Clonee on the R147 to Dunboyne. Alternatively traffic can travel west on M4 to Junction 8 Kilcock, travel north on R158 to Summerhill roundabout, take the L2210 to R154 eastbound and R147 towards Clonee for access to Dunboyne.
Lucan to Clonee
Join the M4\N4 towards Dublin taking the M50 north to the N3, heading west and exiting at Junction 4 for Clonee.
Clonee to Lucan
Travel east to the M3 and continue east to the M50. South on the M50 to the N4 junction, taking the N4 and then M4 west to junction 4 Lucan.
Diversion signs will be in place.
Residents and property holders will be facilitated throughout the closure period.
Submissions on the proposed temporary road closures should be made in writing to Meath County Council, Dunshaughlin Civic Offices, Drumree Road, Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath on or before 4pm Thursday 16th July 2015.