Road Notices & Information
Notice of Proposed Development - Notice is hereby given that Meath County Council proposes to carry out the following development at Owenroe Bridge on the N52 in Carlanstown, Kells, Co Meath
Date Released: 14 July 2015
MEATH COUNTY COUNCIL
Planning Notice – Part 8
Planning and Development Act 2000 – 2014
Planning and Development Regulations 2001 – 2013
Notice of Proposed Development
In accordance with Part XI of the (Planning & Development) Act, 2000 – 2014 and Part VIII of the Planning & Development, Regulations 2001 – 2013, notice is hereby given that Meath County Council proposes to carry out the following development at Owenroe Bridge on the N52 in Carlanstown, Kells, Co Meath.
- The development is called the N52 Owenroe Bridge Rehabilitation Works.
- Widening and realigning the existing roadway for a distance of approximately 200 metres on the east side through the causeway and bridge and tying in to the approach roads. This includes the provision of a widened 7m carriageway; 2 No 2.15m wide footpaths and a reinforced earth system to facilitate widening.
- The proposed development comprises the carrying out of works on a protected structure. It is proposed that the causeway retaining walls and bridge spandrel wall on the west side will be retained and existing parapet walls will be raised. The bridge will be widened with precast concrete arch units to match the existing bridge profile and the causeway retaining walls, bridge spandrel wall and parapet wall will be clad with masonry to match the existing.
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and the Planning and Development Act 2000- 2014.
The plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection and purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy during office hours at the offices of Meath County Council from Thursday 16th July 2015 to Friday 28th August 2015 (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays) at the following locations:
- The Planning Section, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, County Meath.
- Meath County Council, County Hall, Navan, Co Meath.
- Meath County Council, Kells Municipal District, Kells Civic Office, Headfort Place, Kells, Co Meath
(Opening Hours 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm)
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made in writing to the Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath or emailed to email@example.com on or before Friday 11th September 2015.