Affordable Housing FAQs
- Am I a first-time buyer? (Exceptions may apply, for example if you are divorced).
- Do I earn less than € 55,000 a year (if I am single) or € 75,000 (if I am in a couple)?
- Have I got proof of my identity - for example, a passport or a driver's licence?
- Have I got my latest P60 and three recent payslips?
- Have I got copies of my recent bank statements?
- Have I got statements for any savings and loans that I have?
- Get an application form for an affordable home from the Local Authority in the area where you want to buy. You can apply to more than one Local Authority.
- Fill in the application form.
- Return it to the Local Authority.
- Make sure you have a deposit to buy a home - if you havn't got a deposit, start saving for one.
- Make sure that you can repay a mortgage.
- Build up a savings record.