Try your hand at brown bread making, celi dancing, the Irish drum, sugan rope making, hurling, milking a cow, turf cutting and working a sheepdog.
Traditional meals and live music evening. Hen / Stag packages with accommodation at the Headfort Arms Hotel available also and group packages available.
We have an activity programme designed especially for children between the ages of six and fourteen. A magical mix of experiences from exploring ancient boglands to the wonders of giant bubble blowing. The week will be based in a farmyard which is located in a beautiful part of County Meath - on the edge of boglands and forests where children can explore a wonderful natural land. Nature and treasure trails have been laid out to give visitors the opportunity to look, listen, touch and learn.
When is it on?
The Week in the Wild will run from 10am to 3pm, Tuesday to Friday on the following three weeks – July 12th to 15th, August 10th to 13th and August 17th to 20th.
How Much Does the Summer Camp Cost?
The cost is €75 per child per week. There will be no extra costs during the week - all tours and materials are included.
Causey Farm comes alive with a festive atmosphere - as we celebrate Christmas with all the traditional charm and magic you'd expect. There's a chill in the air. The farm animals are in for the winter and the baby lambs will soon be born. We hear laughter and "wows" across the old farmyard - the time has come to celebrate and we do it in style here at Causey Farm. All the sheds have different Christmas-themed events and everyone moves from place to place to sample each new experience.
Christmas at Causey Farm Includes:
- Visiting Santa’s house and help Mrs Claus pack his bag for the big journey.
- Slide down into the toy workshop and play with the toys Santa has ready for packing.
- Make your way through the Elves’ door to Santa’s Parlour.
- Listen carefully, is that a noise on the roof? You’d never know who might arrive down the chimney – and of course he has a gift for all the children – Hope your name is on one of his parcels!
- Follow the Bethlehem Trail to the stable where Mary and Joseph take care of their new arrival, watched over by the cows, donkeys, sheep and lambs.
- Enjoy some mulled juices, mince pies and cookies in Yuletide Hall.
- Visit Christmas Cottage to experience an old Irish Christmas; Make a wish as you stir the pudding!
- And of course don’t forget to Visit the reindeer as they relax before their big night.
- Each Christmas event lasts one and a half hours!
Click here for more information