What is ePlan?
ePlan is a web standards based application providing 'Enquiry type' access to the Irish Local Authority Planning process for determining applications for Planning Permissions. It is a replication of the internal systems in use by the planning section. All information that is viewable at the office counter is now available via this online facility. The user can now search for an application, by entering specific search information, such as Name, Address or Planning reference number. The user can also select to return a list of applications that have been received, decided or a decision is due in the next 7-42 days.
Note: The ePlan application is delivered in English only.
The ePlan application is accessible from a link on each Local Authority website. Once activated users are presented with the screen below.
The screen is divided into three areas:-
The top area known as the Header displays details of the Local Authority that the application is being accessed from.
The Breadcrumbs displays the Site Location. .
Click to select the or the .
The main area displayed in the center of the screen is broken down into two further areas:
The bottom area displays the Disclaimer information.
- Click the Help icon to display help for the active page.
- Click to view the application in Default Text size
- Click to view the application in Large Text size
- Click to view the application in Default Text size in high contrast
- Click to view the application in Large Text size in high contrast
- Click to open link to W3C Markup Validation Service providing the ability to check the
markup of Web documents.
- Click to open link to W3C CSS Validation Service providing the ability to check
cascading style sheets and HTML documents with style sheets.
- Click to open link to W3C Accessibility initiative which displays a conformance to Web
content accessibility guidelines 1.0.
The Navigation options are displayed on the left hand side of the main area. Click to select from one of the following options.
- Click to open the Search Type screen.
- Click to open the Planning applications screen.
- Click to open the Planning lists screen.
When the View Application screen View Application is opened the Navigation list expands to include the following option:-
- Click to open the Search Results screen.
Select Search Type
The main area of the screen displays the Select Search Type providing the ability to select the type of search you wish to perform from the following options.Find a Planning Application or Planning Application Lists