MEATH COUNTY COUNCIL
Notice of Application to An Bord Pleanála for Approval
Proposed construction of an extension to Meath County Council Headquarters at Buvinda House, Dublin Rd, Navan, Co. Meath.
Pursuant to Section 177AE of the Planning & Development Act 2000-2022 and the requirements of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001-2022 notice is hereby given that Meath County Council intends to make an application for approval to An Bord Pleanála to carry out development which involves the construction of an extension to Meath County Council’s headquarters at Buvinda House.
The proposed development consists of:
- 2 and 3 storey building of 3220 sqm comprising of a Council chamber, ancillary Councillor facilities and office accommodation;
- Associated bicycle parking;
- Associated landscaping including a garden courtyard;
- Site drainage works;
- All associated site development works.
A Natura Impact Statement has been prepared in respect of the proposed development.
An Bord Pleanála may approve the proposed development in whole or in part, with or without specified modifications, or it may refuse to approve the proposed development.
The Natura Impact Statement together with all Plans and Particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection free of charge or may be purchased on payment of a small fee (which fee shall not exceed the reasonable cost of making such a copy) during public opening hours within the period 5th December 2022 and 25th January 2023, inclusive, at the following locations:
- An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1
- Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Rd, Navan, Co Meath,
- Online below
Submissions and observations are invited relating to –
- The implications of the proposed development for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area concerned,
- The likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- The likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site, if carried out.
Submissions or observations can only be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, not later than 5.30pm on 25th January 2023.
All submissions must be labelled with the following project name: Meath County Council Office Extension, Buvinda House, Dublin Rd, Navan, Co. Meath.
A person may question the validity of a decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review, under Order 84 of the rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No.15 of 1986) in accordance with Section 50 of the Planning and Development Act 2000-2022, Practical information in respect of the judicial review process can be accessed on www.pleanala.ie or www.citizensinformation.ie.