CLÁR (Ceantair Laga Árd-Riachtanais) is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small infrastructural projects in areas that experience disadvantage.
On Monday, May 25th Minister Ring announced details of the 2020 CLÁR programme.
There are a number of measures being proposed for funding for 2020:
- Measure 1: Schools/Community Safety measures (expanded in 2020)
- Measure 2: Community Recreation Areas (new in 2020)
- Measure 3: Community Wellbeing Supports, comprising:
- (a)Meals on Wheels and linked services (new in 2020)
- (b)Mobility and Cancer Care Transport
The closing date for the receipt of applications under the Measures 1 and 2 was Tuesday, June 30th 2020.
Applications under Measure 3 are made directly to Department of Rural and Community Development at
CLAR@DRCD.gov.ie by the 28th August 2020.