The Community Support Fund will support groups, particularly in disadvantaged areas
- With their non-pay running costs for example energy costs (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges) or other non-pay operating costs for example rental/lease costs, insurance bills.
- Groups will also be able to use the funding to carry out necessary repairs and improvements to their facilities, purchase equipment such as tables and chairs, tools and signage, laptops and printers, lawnmowers, canopies and training equipment etc.
Meath Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) is responsible for allocating funding to projects. The total allocation for Meath for 2023 is as follows:
- €154,063 Current funding (Non-Pay) for use towards energy running/operating costs (eligible period for bills 1st April 2022 - 31st March 2023)
- €157,207 Capital funding for use towards carrying out necessary repairs and improvements to facilities, energy efficiency type projects, purchase of equipment etc.
- €3,144 ring-fenced for Women’s sheds