Supplement to the Register
Supplement to the Register
If the register of electors has been published for the year and you are not included on it you can apply to be added to the supplement to the register which allows for late applications.
For Meath Returning Officer details please see meathreturningofficer.com
Closing dates for 2020 elections
Supplement to the register
Completed forms must be received by Wednesday, 22nd January, 2020.
Supplement to the Postal and Special Voters Lists
Completed forms must be received by Thursday, January 16th, 2020
To apply download and fill out the registration form below which must be signed by a member of the Garda Siochána:
Send the completed form to:
Register of Electors, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co Meath or
Once added to the supplement you will be entitled to vote on elections or referenda (dependant on your eligibility) during the lifetime of the current register.
Your details will automatically be added to the new register of electors when it is published the following February.
Applying for a Postal or Special Vote through the Supplement to the Register
While you are ordinarily required to vote in person at a designated polling station, you may be able to register to vote by post or by other means in certain circumstances. If the register of electors has already been published for the year and you are not included you may be able to apply to the supplement to the register and still be able to vote. Applying to do so through the supplement to the register requires you to complete separate forms to those used when applying for inclusion on the register of electors. Access to the required forms is provided below.
You may be eligible to vote by post if you are:
- an Irish diplomat or his/her spouse posted abroad (Download form PDF 114kb)
- a member of an Garda Síochána (Download form PDF 107kb)
- a whole-time member of the Defence Forces (Download form PDF 189kb)
- unable to vote in person due to a disability or physical illness (living at home) (Download form PDF 189kb)
- a full-time student in the state and will be away from your registered address on polling day (Download form PDF 153kb)
- unable to vote in person due to work circumstances (Download form PDF 153kb)
- detained in a prison (Download form PDF 192kb)
- unable to vote due to employment on polling day by the Returning Officer (Download form PDF)
To register on the supplement to the register for postal voting download and fill out the relevant form above and return to:
Register of Electors, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co Meath
You may be eligible for special voting if you live in a hospital, nursing home or similar institution and have a physical illness or disability which prevents you from going to a polling station. Being registered for special voting will allow you to vote from where you live. A special presiding officer, accompanied by a Garda, will bring a ballot paper to you so that you can vote.
To register for special voting fill out and return the form below to
Register of Electors, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co Meath: