Charity shops provide a great service to the economy, find second homes for our stuff, raise funds for charity and provide many a ‘Star Buy’ for canny customers. Please respect the shops and their staff.
- Donate only quality items which are fit for purpose
- Donate only clean and dry items
- Donate quality linen and homewear
- Call ahead and find out if they need what you have
- Donate items which haven’t been thoroughly cleaned in advance
- Donate helmets or car seats which cannot be guaranteed by the shop
- Donate ripped or torn books
- Drop and run, go inside and let the volunteers see what you have
- Donate when the shop is closed
And of course, don’t forget to visit when you are shopping yourself.