We have responsibility for the efficient and effective management of public services in County Meath.
The Chief Executive carries out the executive functions of the Council, which include:
- Employment of staff
- Granting or refusal of planning permissions
- Property management
- Day to day running of the Council
Decisions made by the Chief Executive are called “Chief Executive’s Orders”. These are circulated and noted by Councillors at the monthly meeting of the Council.
Our Management Team
- Jackie Maguire – Chief Executive
- Des Foley - Director of Services for Planning and Economic Development, Climate Action and Environment (Trim and Ratoath Municipal Districts)
- Martin Murray - Director of Services for Transportation, Corporate Services, Human Resources, Fire and Emergency Services (Navan and Kells Municipal Districts)
- Barry Lynch - Director of Services for Housing, Community and Culture (Library and Arts Services)
- Fiona Lawless – Head of Finance, Finance, Information Technology and Water Services (Ashbourne, Laytown / Bettystown Municipal Districts)
Strategic Policy Committees
There are 4 Strategic Policy Committees (SPCs). These are chaired by a Councillor and comprise both Councillors and members from sectoral/community groups. SPC’s advise the Council on policy matters.
The Strategic Policy Committees of the Council are:
- Planning, Economic Development and Enterprise
- Housing, Social, Community and Cultural
Corporate Policy Group
The chairpersons of the SPCs together with the chairperson of the Council form a Corporate Policy Group (CPG). This group links the work of the SPCs together. It provides a forum where policy decisions affecting Meath can be agreed for submission to the full Council.
All municipal districts are represented on the CPG including the chairpersons of the SPCs.