Not Around Us
What is Not Around Us?
Not Around Us is about promoting an environment where it is easier for those who smoke to quit, and stay quit, and to help de-normalise smoking for the next generation.
The purpose of Not Around Us is to:
• Help to protect children and young people from second-hand smoke exposure.
• Contribute to the de-normalisation of smoking for children and young people.
• Reduce the environmental nuisance, cost of cleaning and damage that discarded tobacco products create.
• Signpost to HSE Quit services.
How to get involved?
Not Around us Signage will be made available free of charge to interested not for profit organisations, schools and early years services.
To get involved all you have to do is complete the Expression of Interest Form and return to email@example.com .
The professionally designed and manufactured signage is for use in outdoor places and spaces where children and young people are likely to attend.
Information is also available in the information leaflets and guidance documents below which will assist participating organisations to communicate the Not Around Us message.
What can you do to support Not Around Us?
- Don’t smoke in places where children and young people are likely to be.
- Support participating organisations.
- Spread the Not Around Us message around the county.
Healthy Meath are leading the Not Around Us campaign in Meath, in partnership and collaboration with the HSE North East, Meath Children and Young Person Services, Meath County Council, Meath PPN, Meath Libraries, Meath Climate Action, Meath Comhairle Na nOg and Youth Work Meath
Expression of Interest
Videos - Attached below
Tobacco Free Generation Graphic
For More Information Contact:
Mark Garvey, Healthy Ireland Coordinator, Meath County Council
Phone: 085 8783731