This ethics framework requires all councillors to submit to the Ethics Registrar an annual written declaration of "declarable interests".
The submission of an annual declaration under the Act also applies to the Chief Executive and certain relevant staff. A public register of declarable interests is kept by Meath County Council.
The Council’s Ethics Registrar is: Ms. Elaine Daly email: EthicsRegistrar@meathcoco.ie
The Ethical Framework for the Local Government Services includes a duty on members and staff to maintain proper standards of conduct and a provision for the minister to issue codes of conduct for guidance of members and staff (see Codes of Conduct below). These codes were published by the Minister in June 2004.
Meath County Council’s Ethics and Governance Related Documents
Other Ethics and Governance Related Documents and Links
- Three Step Test to determine whether you’re lobbying
- Guidelines for individuals carrying out lobbying activities
- Lobbying Register
- Guidelines in relation to the development and zoning of land
- Guidance for local authorities
- Guidance for designated public officials
- Local Government Act 2001
- Local Government Act 2001 (Part 15) Regulations 2015
- Local Government Reform Act 2014
- Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015
- Protected Disclosures Act 2014
- Freedom of Information Act 2014
- Planning and Development Act 2000