Post Primary School Service
Your local library provides a wide range of resources and activities which strongly support post-primary schools in developing student’s literacy, numeracy, creativity and communication skills.
The Range of Library Services offered to Post-Primary Schools are:
- Class visits to your library branch
Your local library will accommodate class visits from your school to the library arranged locally in advance.
- A teacher’s card made available to every teacher in the school
Each post-primary teacher in your school is entitled to receive a teacher’s card, on request, from your library service. The card enables a teacher to borrow items for his/her class.
- A presentation at the school on the library services may be available for students and staff
We can provide a presentation on the library services, on request, at your local library or at your school to teachers, pupils or parents.
- A range of relevant library resources and services provided to your school
We provide reading and curriculum support materials, young adult collections and online learning resources.
- Study spaces available within the library branch
Study spaces for students are available in all libraries as well as access to Wi-Fi/Internet.
- Research and project work
We can provide resources and assistance to students and teachers for school project work and research, either within the library branch or electronically.
- Ongoing support for strengthening young people’s reading skills
Support will be offered to young people and parents relating to the resources and activities available for students’ reading skills and interests development. This will be made available to your school where requested.
- Local History
Our local studies department provides access, including online resource access, to a wide range of historical material about your local area, such as maps, photographs, documents and information.