Your local library provides a wide range of resources and activities which strongly support pre-schools in developing children’s literacy, numeracy, creativity and communication skills.
The Range of Library Services offered to Pre-Schools are:
- Class visits to your library branch
Your local library will accommodate class visits from your pre-school to the library, arranged locally in advance.
- A teacher’s card made available to every teacher in the school
Each pre-school teacher is entitled to receive a teacher’s card, on request, from your library service. The card enables a teacher to borrow items for his/her class.
- A presentation on the library service may be available on request
We can provide a presentation on the library services and do storytime in your pre-school by appointment.
- A range of relevant library resources and services
Wide range of picture books and age-appropriate non-fiction
- Resources for parents to strengthen children’s literacy and numeracy skills
Parents can be introduced to the range of library resources and activities available to support their children’s literacy and numeracy skills development
- Library programmes and initiatives ongoing and during school holiday periods
We provide ongoing library programmes and initiatives throughout the year, including an annual summer activities’ programme, Storytimes and Parent & Toddler groups.