Locations, opening hours, materials accepted and fees
Navan Recycling Centre
Unit 1, Mullaghboy Ind Est, Athboy Rd, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 NX24
Tel: 046 9066170 or Mobile: 086 1723061
Kells Recycling Centre
Lloyd Business Park, Cavan Rd, Kells, Co. Meath
Tel: 046 9293436 or Mobile: 087 7495357
Trim Recycling Centre
Manorlands, Summerhill Rd, Trim, Co. Meath
Tel: 046 9486775 or Mobile: 086 8196813
Dunboyne Recycling Facility - Thorntons Recycling
Dunboyne Industrial Estate, Dunboyne, Co. Meath
Tel. 01 6235133
Navan, Kells, Trim:
Monday to Saturday 8.30am – 4.45pm.
Closed Sundays and Public Holidays.
Tuesday to Friday 9am - 4pm
Saturdays 9am to 2pm.
The site is closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Materials Accepted at Meath County Council Recycling Centres
For Navan, Kells and Trim Recycling Centres, please click on the following links or ring the relevant site for a list of materials accepted:
Please note that Dunboyne recycling centre:
- Will only accept recyclable material and no household or garden waste is accepted.
- Does not accept waste from commercial customers.
Green Waste Charges at Meath County Council Recycling Centres
- Trees, shrubs,branches etc.
- 2 bags of greens in a car (once weekly - €2 per extra bag) - gate fee €2 only
- Single axle trailer of greens - €10 + gate fee €2
- Double axle trailer of greens - €20 + gate fee €2
- small van of greens - €10 + gate fee €2
- Large van of greens -€50 + gate fee €2
Green Waste is expensive to dispose of. By introducing these charges, Meath County Council can continue to provide this service at the Meath Recycling Centres, either free of charge or at a reasonable cost to householders.
*Please note that the gate fee of €2 still applies regardless of whether or not there is a charge for green waste.
Navan, Kells and Trim:
Gate Fee €2 (please note there is no charge for household WEEE & Batteries)
Please Note: There is a gate fee of 2 euro to enter Thorntons Recycling Centre in Dunboyne. Payment will be made into a coin machine and the automatic barrier will then lift. Customers are advised by Thornton Recycling to pack as much as they can into their cars when they visit to make their recycling trips as efficient and economical as possible.
- Green Waste - As above.
- Timber - €40 per van or €1.50 per pallet
- Scrap Metal - €50 per load
- Cardboard - €30 per van
- Paper/Mixed Paper - €40 per van or €2 per bag
- Oil - €1 per litre
Payment may be made by cheque payable to Oxigen Environmental accompanied by a current banker's card or by credit or laser card or cash.
Bulky Household Items
Bulky household waste is accepted at the three Meath County Council Recycling Centres. The following charges apply:
- King Size mattress - €25
- Double mattress - €20
- Single mattress - €15
- Double Divan Bed - €15
- Single Divan Bed - €10
- Carpet/Large Lino - Large Roll - €25
- Carpet/Lino - Small Roll - €15
- Bag of Carpet/Lino (standard refuse size sack) - €5
- Bag of Non Recyclable Goods (standard refuse sack) - €5
- 3 Seater couch - €20
- 2 Seater couch - €15
- Armchair - €12
- Patio table - €10
- Patio chair - €5
- Large plastic toy - €5 each
- Toilet/Cistern/Hand basin/Pedestal - €5
- Bath/Shower Tray - €10
- Mixed Domestic Waste (standard refuse sack) - €5
- Paint Cans (0 - 5 litre - each)
- Paint Buckets (5 - 15 litres - each)
- Oil Cans (0 - 5 litre - each)
- Oil Drums ( 0 - 25 litre - each)
These charges do not include the €2 gate fee.
Any Queries, contact Meath County Council or Kells Recycling Centre at 046 9293436.