The type of grant-aided works under the scheme include:
- Access Ramps
- Level Access Shower
- Adaptations to facilitate wheelchair access
- Any other works which are reasonably necessary to make a house more suitable for a person with a disability.
How to Apply
To apply for the Housing Adaptation Grant download and complete the application form below and return to:
Housing Grants Department
Meath County Council
Please note: No Grant will be awarded if works have commenced prior to an application being lodged and approved by Meath County Council.
Who Can Apply
The Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability is available for works which are reasonably necessary to make a house more suitable a person with a disability who has an enduring physical, sensory, mental health or intellectual impairment.
This grant may be paid, where appropriate, in respect of works carried out to:
- Owner occupied housing;
- Houses being purchased from a local authority under the tenant purchase scheme;
- Private rented accommodation;
- Accommodation provided under the voluntary housing Capital Assistance and Rental Subsidy schemes; and
- Accommodation occupied by persons living in communal residences.