Approved Housing Bodies

Approved Housing Bodies

Voluntary Housing Association or CoOperative housing refers to accommodation provided by not-for-profit organisations to help those who would not otherwise be able to afford to provide housing for themselves. These associations provide housing in response to local needs often meeting the specific needs of older people, people with a disability or homeless people. 

Housing provided by voluntary housing associations in Meath is allocated to applicants on Meath County Council's Social housing application list in accordance with Meath County Council's housing allocation scheme.

How to Apply for Voluntary or CoOperative Housing

In order to apply for voluntary or cooperative housing you must be registered on the local authority housing waiting list. Find out how to register on Meath County Council's housing list.

When completing the housing application form be sure to tick the box marked “voluntary/co-operative housing” in the ‘Housing Requirements’ section of the application form.

Who can Apply?

You must be a qualified housing applicant(s) before you can apply for Voluntary or CoOperative housing. Find out more about applying for housing and becoming a qualified applicant.

How we handle personal information