Access online newspapers with PressReader and the Irish Newspaper Archive
INM, Independent News and Media, has made a decision not to make its titles available via the Pressreader platform with effect from April 14th, 2021. This is a matter between INM and the suppliers of the Pressreader platform and beyond our control.
PressReader delivers an endless stream of top news stories to read, discuss and share. Get full issues of thousands of top newspapers before they appear in print.
- Listen - The audio feature lets you listen to articles while you're on the go.
- Share - Social sharing is easy with PressReader.
- Stay Current - Titles hit PressReader as soon as they're published, so you always have access to the freshest content.
- Full Content - Full replica versions with every detail you'd see in print.
- Local and International - Choose from thousands of publications, from local content to major international titles.
- Go Mobile - Read and download on the devices of your choice.
PressReader has publications in different languages from lots of countries worldwide.You can read newspapers AND magazines in English and lots of other languages. And there is also a translation option for lots of articles.
Signing In to PressReader
Click on the Sign In button
Select Library or Group
Select Meath County Libraries from the list. You can search for Meath by typing in the box at the top of the list.
Enter your Library Card number in the space provided. **If you are not a member see the information below on how to join online.***
This will give you access for a 30 day period. Once the 30 days have passed you should log out and then log back in again.
See the user guides below for help
You can join the library online and get eBooks, audiobooks, online magazines and newspapers for free straight away, or even take language and other courses. Here's how!
- To join the library online, fill out this form with your name, address, email and some other details.
- Click, 'Submit' and you'll be taken to a new page that gives you a 'Temporary' library barcode.
- This will be your library number and you need it to access online services so save it somewhere or write it down and keep it safe.
- This page will also instruct you to 'set a PIN' and will give you a link to do that.
- Once you've set your PIN and you have your library number, you're all ready to access all the online services.
Irish Newspaper Archive
Irish Newspaper Archive is the largest digital archive of Irish Newspapers in the world, with over 40 titles from all over the country. This gives you access to millions of newspaper articles spanning over 300 years of Irish history.
Some publications of interest included in the archive are:
- Meath Chronicle (1897-current)
- The Freemans Journal (03/01/1763 - 19/12/1924)
- Irish Press (05/09/1931 - 25/05/1995)
For a full list of publications visit The Irish Newspaper Archive
For more information on other newspaper resources of local interest please visit the Local Studies section
© Meath County Council