Meath County Council Fire & Rescue Service is delighted to announce its new Fire Safety Art Competition. If your kids enjoy painting and drawing, we'd love to see their pictures.
There are some great prizes up for grabs and a chance to meet their local firefighting heroes!
Theme Winner - 50 euro voucher
Class Runner up - 25 euro voucher
Each theme will have one lucky winner and a runner up in each class. An overall grand prize of 500 euro will be awarded to the school which will be selected from one of the three theme winners.
Each winning picture will represent a month on our 2024 Fire Safety Calendar!
How to Enter
Send your child's safety picture on A3 paper (with their name, age, class and school on the back) to: Fire Safety Art Competition, Navan Fire Station, Abbey Road, Navan, Co. Meath
Closing date for entries is Friday 20th October 2023.
We look forward to receiving your entries, here are some ideas below to SPARK YOUR IMAGINATION!!!
Theme 1 - Firefighters - For Junior Infants, Senior Infants and First Class
- Can be a boy or a girl.
- Drive fire engines and fire jeeps.
- Put out fires using water hoses, fire extinguishers, and water pumps.
- Rescue people and animals from burning buildings.
- Rescue people from car accidents.
- Teach people about fire safety.
Theme 2 - Fire Safety In The Home - for Second, Third and Fourth Class
Some examples of Fire Safety In The Home include
- Have two working smoke alarms
- Test your Smoke Alarms Weekly
- Have an escape plan and practice a Fire Drill
- Don’t block escape routes
- Keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children
- If a fire starts get out and stay out
- Dial 999 to get the Fire Brigade out
- Unplug phone chargers
- Clean your chimney once a year
- Always use a fire guard on open fires
Theme 3 - Fire Safety in The School - for Fifth and Sixth Class
- Have an escape plan
- Practice fire drills
- Fire doors should be kept closed at all times
- Have an assembly point outside the school building
- Keep Fire Exits Clear
- Store flammable materials safely
- Report any fire hazards immediately to your teacher-
- Some common fire hazards in schools include:
- -Flammable materials, such as cleaning products and aerosols
- -Electrical equipment, such as computers and printers
- -Heaters, such as portable heaters and radiators
- -Smoking materials, such as cigarettes and cigars
We look forward to seeing your entries!