Kells Pay Parking
Kells Pay Parking
Times of operation, fees and relevant bye-laws
Times of Operation
Pay Parking is in operation between the hours of 09:00 and 18:00 hours Monday to Saturday.
Please note that Pay and Display is not in operation on bank holidays.
The following half price initiative is in place in Kells.
The main highlights of the Initiative are:
- First 15 minutes free – On observing a vehicle without a pay and display ticket a Warden will allow 15 minutes from time of first observation before issuing a fine.
- Reduced Minimum charge from .50c to .20c for 20 minutes
- Reduced price per hour to .50c
Kells has multiple tariffs available which are broken up into two main categories;
- On Street
- Off Street (Car Park)
Some parking meters throughout the town are capable of dispensing multiple tariff options.
On Street Tarriffs
On Street (Short Term) - Maximum Stay 2 hours
20c (minimum) = 35 minutes
30c = 50 minutes
40c = 60 minutes
50c = 75 minutes
90c (maximum) = 120 minutes
On Street (Long Term)
Long term parking (24 hours and 7 day parking) tickets are available at the following On Street locations and rates;
NOTE – Standard On Street (Short Term) rates, detailed above, are also available from these meters.
24 hour = €2.30
7 day = €10.00
Meter Location for purchase of long term tickets
- Bective Street: Outside HSE building
- Bective Street Cul de Sac: Outside HSE building
- Maudlin Street: Bottom of street – Closest to pedestrian crossing
- Navan Road & Headford Road: Centre Island of Headford/Navan Rd. Junction
Off Street (car park) Tariffs
.50c (minimum) = 60 minutes
€1.00 = 120 minutes
€3.20 = 24 hours
€12.00 (maximum) = 7 days
NOTE – On Street (Short Term) Rates available in the following Car Parks;
- Fairgreen Car Park
- Oliver Plunkett Car Park
- Town Hall Car Park
NOTE – The following Car Parks are restricted to 24 hour and 7 day parking only;
- Library Car Park
- Kenlis Place Car Park
Kells Bye Laws
Information regarding Parking in Kells, including Residents’ Parking Permits, is available in the document below.