If you’re responsible for transporting an abnormal load, you need to obtain a permit notifying the appropriate authorities.
What is Considered an Abnormal Load?
A vehicle/load is considered abnormal when:
- the total length of the vehicle exceeds 12m or 16.5m in the case of an articulated vehicle, or
- the overall width exceeds 2.55m, or
- the overall height exceeds 4.65m (subject to Regulation 2(2) of S.I. No 366 of 2008), or
- the weight of any axle exceeds the limits stated in S.I. No 5 of 2003.
Anyone may apply to us for the issue of an abnormal load permit.
How to Apply
To apply for a permit:
- Notify The Commissioner of An Garda Siochana before submitting an application (see Abnormal Load Application Form for details).
- Download the application form below and return the completed form 4 working days prior to the start of the journey to:
- Meath County Council, Transportation Section, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co Meath, C15 Y291
- or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Single Journey: €60
- 3 month permit: €150
- Annual permit: €500