Assistance for Ukrainians - Looking for Work

Assistance for Ukrainians - Looking for Work

You have the right to work in Ireland when you have your permission letter confirming that you have been granted Temporary Protection under the EU Directive. You can also work for yourself (self-employment) and you can access vocational training in Ireland.

Employment and self-employment

Once you receive your permission letter confirming that you have been granted Temporary Protection under the EU Directive, you are entitled to seek employment or self-employment and vocational training education activities in Ireland.

We offer a range of supports through


Intreo - the public employment services

We offer a range of employment supports through Intreo.

If you wish to avail of employment supports you can contact your local Intreo where you will be offered a one to one appointment to assist you with creating a CV, jobseeking and in work financial supports such as working family payment etc., and can advise about all the implications on social welfare payments when working.

Intreo is a single point of contact for all employment and income supports and services.

You can find more information at


Financial Support

Information about financial support, Personal Public Service Numbers, and Intreo Centres.



JobsIreland is a website which connects anyone who is looking for employment with employers who are advertising vacancies.

If an employer wishes to recruit they should advertise the vacancy on  this also has the facility of a click button which will change the text from English to Ukrainian to further assist.

We also have a dedicated Employer Engagement Team who will liaise and support any Employer wishing to recruit and can be contacted at lorraine.o’

Customers can email

If they wish to see a Case Officer.


Find out more at where you fill find information on jobseeking and advertising jobs along with other employment supports.


Employment rights in Ireland

Ukrainian citizens can work legally in Ireland once they have received their letter confirming they have been granted Temporary Protection under the EU Directive. They are then also entitled to the full range of statutory employment rights and protections in the same manner as Irish workers.

The Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) is the State body responsible for employment rights. Information on employment rights is available at or by contacting the WRC at 0818 808090 or 059 9178900.

Find out more: Employment Rights in Ireland – Information for Ukrainian Nationals - DETE (



If you are taking up employment and want to understand a little more about what to do and what tax you will pay, go to


Working Family Payment

The Working Family Payment is a weekly, tax-free payment available to employees with children. It gives extra financial support to families with children with rates depending on their incomes and family size. Find information on how to qualify, rate of payment and how to apply


One-Parent Family Payment

One-Parent Family Payment is a payment for parents under 66 who are not cohabiting, and whose youngest child is under 7. Find out how to qualify, rate of payment, and how to apply.



You must register and have your qualifications recognised to work in some professions. For example, you must register with the Medical Council to work as a doctor.

The Teaching Council is developing a process to allow people who are qualified teachers in Ukraine to register and teach and Ireland.


Offers of Employment

If you have a vacancy you can advertise it free of charge on the dedicated recruitment website JobsIreland aims to help people to get jobs and help employers connect with the right people.

The service is part of Intreo – the Public Employment Service from the Department of Social Protection. You can register on website, by email at or by phone at 0818 111 112. Once your company is registered, you can start to place ads for your vacancies.


Find out more at