The Capital Programme sets out the proposed major infrastructural projects to be undertaken over a 3 year rolling programme.
Capital funding is used to provide infrastructural projects in Meath under the headings of:
- Housing and Building;
- Road Transportation and Safety;
- Development Incentives and Controls;
- Environmental Services,
- Recreation and Amenity; and
- Miscellaneous Services.
The Capital Programme 2021-2024 has an estimated capital spend of €579m.
The projects set out in the programme are prioritised on the basis of the following:
- Priority to capital work on Council assets.
- Priority will be given to projects of strategic importance to Meath.
- Emphasis on projects where external funding sources can be leveraged.
- Focus on projects giving rise to job creation.
Projects will only be allowed to commence once a business case has been made and funding has been identified. Sources of funding for the Capital Budget are: Exchequer funding/grants; Loans; Development levies; and the Council’s own resources.