Library members can access over 500 free online courses on a range of topics
Universal Class gives library members access to over 500 online learning courses.
You can choose from a broad range of subjects from Accounting, Business, Computer Training and Office Skills to Alternative Medicine, Crafts and Hobbies, Social Work and Special Education.
For a full list of courses available see the Course Catalog
How it Works
You have 6 months to complete a course but you can learn at your own speed within this time.
All courses have certified instructors who will answer your questions and assess your performance.
You can learn whenever it suits you with 24/7 access to courses on the Universal Class website.
All you need to get started is:
- your library card number (from the back of your library card)
- an email address - you can communicate with your instructor via email.
- Visit the Universal Class website.
- Enter your library card number in the space provided and click 'go'.
- Fill in the New Member Registration form on the next page and click 'Continue'.
- Then just choose your course to start learning.
Discover other relevant websites
ETBs are statutory authorities which have responsibility for education and training, youth work and a range of other statutory functions. ETBs manage and operate second-level schools, further education colleges, multi-faith community national schools and a range of adult and further education centres delivering education and training programmes.