Meath County Council appoint a Beach Warden on a seasonal basis to carry out functions associated with the Councils management responsibilities for the Beach.
Duties include :
- To oversee and ensure the observance of the Fore Shore Bye-Laws
- To ensure the implementation of the Traffic and Parking Bye-Laws in the coastal area
- To enforce the Casual Trading Bye-Laws for the Laytown/Bettystown beach area
- To act as a first point of contact with the public with particular emphasis on the provision of tourism related advice and guidance.
- To assist in the implementation of the County Meath Litter Plan including the issue of on the spot fines, the initiation of prosecutions, etc.
- To meet with and act as liaison to Community Groups as required.
- To remove/arrange for the removal of hazards from the beach.
- To ensure that litter bins on the beach are emptied, as required and maintained in a tidy condition.
Additional Wardens may be appointed when there are large numbers on visitors on the beach