Change of Engine

Change of Engine

The registered owner of a vehicle will need to present themselves in person at the motor taxation public counter to make an application to record a change of engine in relation to their vehicle.

The following documentation is required:

  • Completed Declaration Form RF111 – Change of Particulars – available at .
  • Section 5 of Form RF111 must be completed and stamped by a Main Dealer.
  • The same Main Dealer must submit a letter on their headed paper confirming:
    • Registration number of vehicle;
    • that they have fitted the replacement engine OR that they have inspected the replacement engine;
    • the replacement Engine Number;
    • the cubic capacity of the replacement engine;
    • the type of fuel of the replacement engine;
    • signature of a representative of the Main Dealer and the signatory’s position held within the Main Dealership.
  • The Vehicle Registration Certificate (V.R.C.) must be surrendered (a new V.R.C. will issue upon successful processing of an application)
  • Original Insurance Certificate
  • Photo I.D. e.g. Driving Licence or Passport

Please note applications will not be accepted through the post or third parties.

How we handle personal information
Rating Form
How would you rate this webpage?