Motor Trade

Motor Trade

Trade Plates are issued to Motor Traders in order to use un-taxed/un-registered vehicles on the road in limited circumstances.

When applying for Trade plates, the following information will be required:

  • Your Motor Trader identity Number (Garage Code issued by Dept. of Transport)
  • Your V.A.T. Number (if registered for vat, otherwise P.P.S.N. no. must be used)
  • Motor Trader premises Rateable Valuation OR Date of granted Planning Permission. The following supporting information is also required - Your most recent Commercial Rates Bill and / or a Copy of the Notification of Grant of Planning Permission
  • Original Motor Trader Insurance Certificate
  • Appropriate fee (€353.00 per set of Trade Plates)

Trade Plates should be applied for using form RF 700 which is available upon request



How we handle personal information