Trade Plates are issued to Motor Traders in order to use un-taxed/un-registered vehicles on the road in limited circumstances.
When applying for Trade plates, the following information will be required:
- Your Motor Trader identity Number (Garage Code issued by Dept. of Transport)
- Your V.A.T. Number (if registered for vat, otherwise P.P.S.N. no. must be used)
- Motor Trader premises Rateable Valuation OR Date of granted Planning Permission. Please provide supporting documentation.
- Original Motor Trader Insurance Certificate
- Appropriate fee (€353.00 per set of Trade Plates)
Trade Plates should be applied for using form RF 700 which is available upon request