Funding from the Department of Rural and Community Development (DRCD) can be provided to the Council.
Local communities can request that improvement works are carried out by completing the application form; from time to time applications will be invited and notification of this will be published in the local newspaper.
The Council is keen to continue working with groups of local residents and landowners and avail of the LIS funding from the DRCD for the restoration of roads, subject to approval and funding.
1) Only non public roads, not in the charge of the Council can be considered for the scheme
2) The road/lane must provide access to Parcels of Land of which at least 2 are owned or occupied by different persons engaged in agriculture, or
3) Provide access for harvesting purposes (including turf or seaweed) for 2 or more persons, or
4) Roads leading to important community amenities such as graveyards, beaches, piers or other tourist/heritage sites.
5) Shall in the opinion of the road authority be used by the public
6) Roads leading to commercial enterprises will not be considered